Time: 2-3 hours depending on coats of paint/drying time
Final Price: $12.78 after 25% off (I already had some of the materials!)
- Chalkboard paint: $4.49
- Wood slice: $8.24
- Chalk marker: $3.00
- Brush: (any will do!)
- Sandpaper: (if handy)
- Sand the wood for a few seconds to make it smoother.
- Shake the chalkboard paint container and paint the wood slice with an even coat of paint. I decided to paint out and leave a little boarder as to not paint out to the bark. (Repeat when dry, 1 or 2 more times!)
- Once completely dry, write your quote or word with the chalk pen to make it last longer than if you were just to use chalk.
Tips and Tricks
- Once dry, it might be easier if you sketch your quote or word with a piece of chalk just to check spacing. Once you've got the spacing right, clean off the chalkboard with a moist paper towel and then use the chalk marker.
- I purchased materials at the Michaels on Columbus avenue in NYC instead of ordering (no shipping & handling)
- Michaels always has coupons handy on their site so always check when you visit the store! I got an extra 25% off my entire purchase on this visit!